2012 was a great year and I wanted to share a list of 12 accomplishments for 2012.
1) Winning 1st place in the USSC national sign design competition for a non-lighted free-standing sign.
2) Being asked to be a presenter at the 2012 Vectric (3D CNC Software) users group meeting.
3) Having one of my signs published in the 2013 USSC Calendar that gets distributed to all USSC members and attendees at the Sign World International trade show.
4) Having a picture of one of my signs published in Sign Builder Illustrated.
5) Received my 3rd Certificate from the United States Sign Council, sign professionals must attend enough credit hours of continued education with the USSC SignPro University classes to receive this.
6) Hit 300 likes on our Facebook page and continue to slowly get more likes, maybe 400 in 2013 will be a goal. Help me make this one possible!
7) Completed the new sign for Quint Creative Signs. A sign that shows several examples of types of work we can do including full 3D carved, V-Carve and other techniques. This sign may be featured in a Newsletter from Vectric in 2013, waiting to see.
8) Upgraded to a much newer service/bucket truck. This will allow us to be more prepared for installs with the toolbox body and the truck being loaded with our equipment and ready to roll. Not to mention having a much more secure and safer bucket for install work, and having strobe and caution lights equipped on the new truck for safety.
9) Finally able to upgrade our software we use for vinyl cutting and some design. The old version was from 2000 and wouldn’t work on a PC that had anything newer than XP on it. It was time for an upgrade, going from a PC with a 6 core processor to an old PC running XP was not very fun. Now I can do it lightning fast on the 6 Core PC.
10) Had a picture of a sign we made featured on our Vectric’s (3d CNC Software) homepage.
11) Got a testimonial I wrote for a product we use from one of our vendors features in two of their catalogs. A private labeled material that only this distributor sells and how we use the material and how it benefits our clients.
12) Changed over the old conference room to a more friendly meeting room. We can set down with clients and bring up their projects or artwork right in front of them, and the ability to access images of projects we’ve completed to show examples of what we can do for our clients. Plus our clients are welcome to a coffee of their choice from the Keurig or a soft drink.
Of course all of this wouldn’t be possible without great clients and being able to turn out some really nice signs over the past year for our clients.
What will 2013 bring. I’m sure it will bring much more and I’m willing to work to top 2012 like I’ve top every year before it.
Happy New Year! And good luck to your business in the new year!